Late Nights and Acoustic Music.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Acoustic music; the simple melodic strumming of strings, pure unadulterated raw voices through the new Edifier speakers - present from the second brother - keeps me going through the wee hours of the morning.

Somewhere along the years, I've lost the ability to concentrate on academic work with music around, so it's just those five-minute assignment breaks where Winamp accompanies me with acoustic goodness with the old air-con whirring in tune to the music. Sometimes I succumb to the mindless hopping of Facebook pages, sometimes I stare idly through space and just listen.

It's soothing, therapeutic even. And then the song ends, and I have to get back to reality or rather, few thousand word assignments and the next cycle begins.

This time tomorrow, I shall be reacquainting myself with the pillow. Watching the idiot box. Browsing online shopping blogs. Reading utterly useless yet sadly addictive Hollywood goss. Doing nothing that is at all beneficial. Just for a day. And then it's bad to the nosegrind with late nights and the next acoustic song my playlist holds.

Music and writing. Sometimes I even forget how good that is for the soul. Or well rather, my soul.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram