In A Frenzy.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Listening to: DHT - Listen To Your Heart
Currently feeling: Strange

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I seem to be saying that more and more these days. Thanks to
Wenxue, who ever-so-tactfully mentioned that I only blogged once in two weeks, I have decided to get my lazy butt off the couch and off to the computer table to type away. [And anyway, the last I blogged was the 3rd? So it's only been 9 days, Wenxue, barely two weeks yet. Hmpf.]

I don't even know where to start. There's tons to talk about.

PHEW

So trials is finally over. Thank God. It seemed like ages. It was just dragging through nights of no sleep and big panda eye bags. And Maths B, damn, it sucked HORRIBLY for a last paper. Got the weirdest answers ever, like 28561.77-cos-squared-teta over 5-inverse-tangent-square-root-of-2.512. Like, what the hell was I doing? Exactly the freaking problem. I DIDN'T HAVE A DAMN CLUE! Yeah, the next time I say want to do something like Maths B instead of Comp Science whom everyone says is more easy, knock me on the head with the super thick Maths B book, please I'm begging you!

I'm so not looking forward to going back to class the coming Monday to face the wrath of Ms. Lee! =( And get back the rest of my results.

OWWWCH

Remember that netball game we were supposed to join at college? There were, initially, tons of problems with the timing and the organization of the whole damn thing. But because,
Mary and I were so gatal with wanting to play, we finally managed to get a team together to make it at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. Even though the time changed like five times.

So
Mary, Siokkwan, Pek Wah, Amanda, Karen and her friend Priscilla, Ching and I went off to the MPH [Fyi, all you non-Sunway ppl, it's Multi-Purpose Hall. I remember being confused the first time I heard it, too.] ready to play and have FUN. And of course, not wanting to be thrashed that badly too of course.

Talk about having FUN. Oh yeah, we did.

We walked into the MPH, and after awhile, realized something kinda weird. There were three teams, one team solely Indian girls, another team of all Malay girls and then there was us, all Chinese. Strangely muhibbah, but the result turned out so totally not.

Our first game was against the Malay girls, we won that one. 3-2, I think. That game, at least, was fun. It was a close fight, every time we pulled in the lead, they would shoot another goal and then we would be level again. I missed so many times. Argh. In all due respect, they were all fasting, and they played exceptionally well for people who hadn't had water or food the entire day. *salute* I don't think I could have done that myself.

The second match was straight after the first one. This one was harder, definitely. They were fast and agile. And obviously trained, unlike the some of us who hadn't even touched a netball in time ranging from six months to more than a year. We played rough, I mean, what do you expect with
Pek Wah in the team, right? Haha. Kidding kidding.

Yeah well, netball's fun if it wasn't for that fucktard excuse for a bitch uncivilized piece of asswipe who polluted our game with her presence every time she breathed. Here's how even 'bitch' is too good a name for her.

  1. She came to the match with her knee bandaged. Just brilliant, man. If you know you're injured, don't freaking play!
  2. Okay, if you must really play when you're injured because your team doesn't have enough players, don't leap and bound about like that. If you're not gonna take care of yourself, nobody else is.
  3. But anyway, I guess 1 & 2 don't count, because here's the pissing factor: She wasn't fucking injured!
  4. She fell. And exploded at Pek Wah for pushing her. I mean, that's part of the game, man. If you're not tough enough, don't play. I fell down, Mary fell down, Pek Wah fell down, I know for sure Manda fell down more than a few times. I think Ching fell down too. [And for everyone's info, Ching replaced Siok Kwan for one half, and she helped us steal over the ball so many times. So proud of you, babe. =)] I'm sure the rest must have fell tons too. But no, this bitch falls down and rolls around on the floor, moaning in pain [when we're leading too]. And within a minute, she gets up and is back to normal? I don't buy that, not one bit.
  5. Like Manda said, "If she fakes it once, I can take it. But you do it twice, that's enough." And that's from Ms. Amanda Teoh Shi-Lin, who is probably the most patient person of us all over there. The thing is, that bitch fell over AGAIN, doing that theatrical thing again, when her friend came over with medication and she actually told her friend that it was fake, with KAREN standing right there. So yeah. Confirmed. 'Bitch' is too good a word for her.

I'm proud of myself and the rest of the girls. We've never all played together before like the other team obviously had. Priscilla, Karen's friend, plays basketball but not netball. She doesn't even know the rules! [And she did amazingly well. Thank you Priscilla!] And we managed to win one game, draw the second one, and lose the final one. I don't care. I'm not a faker, and neither are the rest of us. We had fun anyway. Channeling out anger against someone sure takes away the fact that we didn't win. Haha. Thank you, girls!

You have no idea how pissed we were. Half of us walked out straight after the final whistle blew, the other half of us were cursing. We were pissed off. Majorly pissed.

Ash, if you had been playing with us, you would have went over there to slap her. For sure.

Oh and Ming, who went along to cheer us on; here's what he said, "I don't ever want to mess around with your friends." Hah! Girls are pretty scary when we're angry, huh? We may look innocent, but yeah, don't piss us off.

RUSH-ing

So, we went back sweaty and smelly and gross and all icky. Bathed and washed my hair in a heee-uge hurry. Slapped on makeup and threw on clothes and we went to Rush. About 12 of us went, opened two bottles of Chivas. It was fun, for those of us who were still partially sober and un-drunk like *ahem* some others who shall remain unnamed to protect their privacy and pride. Haha! I had tons of fun, except for the fact that I heard "Lonely" like three times throughout the night! Urrrgh. I can't stand that song. It's so...grating. Got to see Diane after ages, and Andrew again too. Jo apparently dyed his hair dark blue, but I couldn't see it in the club.

Reached home at 3 a.m., after Jo, Drew and I helped our practically wasted friend back to his/her bedroom. Haha, that was funny, but I'm not gonna tell on my blog. Showered quickly, and fell asleep. Just like that. I mean, come on, who goes to play three games of netball and spends the night on the dance floor? Asking for trouble.

So well, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were horrible, horrible muscle ache days. Walking was hard! Lol. And especially getting in and out of cars. Urrrgh. I couldn't even lift my left hand up. [In case you're wondering why, I'm a shooter, so most of my time is spent aiming and looking up, which is why my upper arms, neck and backbone hurts extra. Oww.] Thank god I'm much much better today. If this is what old people feel like, uh oh.

BRIDGING DIFFERENCES

You know what's sometimes sad? College is not a long process, you get 12 months, sometimes less if you're doing a Pre-U course like MUFY or AUSMAT. In those months, you forge friendships, or at least you try to, with people that you do not see everyday or spend too much time with. Classes are not like secondary school, where you see the same few forty two people everyday, by hook or by crook. Here, you switch classes every hour. That being said, you actually make fewer friends, but instead you make more acquaintances.

Which is why, thankfully for Student Council, I've got my college friends right here. I wouldn't say that I'm close or that I talk regularly with all the other eighteen, but there are definitely more than a few friends that I've made which I'm thankful for. We hang out, in between classes, for lunch, dinner, sometimes weekends, after meetings, and sometimes mamak. [And of course, as much as I didn't really like working in Echo with all those morons, there was Cath and Eugene, the sane-r people that I got to know from there =) Them and most of the graphics department who are sane too. Oh, and Rumana too. ]

Organizing the ball was tough and trying on us, it took it's toll. But in a way, yeah, cliched as it may sound, it did bring us together. And even now, when we have to work to cover that lil deficit that we fell into, we raise money and do it together. Like yesterday, we sold grilled cheese and chicken sandwiches and pancakes. And it was fun. Really. I'm not getting deranged or anything, I mean, sure it was tiring, but just seeing the enthusiasm on Michelle's face when her pancakes turned out nice, fluffy and brown was just really worth it all. [And of course later, watching Michelle spill milk and soap on herself was funny too, hehe. So clumsy-lah, you. And you all say I'm blur. Tsk tsk.]

Our Student Council term ends at the end of October, and wow, that's fast, isn't it? Damn.

Till then, people. I'm on break for the rest of the week, so you know who to call. Hehe. I'm only an SMS away. But hey, study break, does that mean a break from studying or a break to study? Hmmmmm. There's something to think about. Lol.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram