Tortoise on Ice.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Listening to: Simon Webbe - Lay Your Hands
Currently feeling: Irritated

Omg. So freaking slow. As slow as a kura-kura walking on ice. I hate dial-up connection. Urgh. I hate despise it with a vengeance. It took me almost forever to open up the page for me to type away at my new blog post. So long, that I even forgot what I wanted to blog about in the first place. Grrrr. Damn TMnet and their sucky dial-up system.

Since I don't for the life of me remember what I ever wanted to blog about in the first place, let's amuse all you people with a what-I-did-over-the-past-few-days type of blog. Won't be too boring, I promise.

Oh, and btw, guess who I stumbled upon in the world of blogging? None other than our lovely Ms. Jovina Chua! *claps* Check her page out if you miss her. I know I do.

ECHO: OUR IDENTITY

Wednesday was the launch of our Sunway University College Student Magazine, Echo. After what seemed like long hours of slogging our asses through wordy features and interviews, our magazine was officially launched to the criticizing eyes of Sunway students. Bittersweet in some sense, I would say. First of all, I enjoy writing, there's no doubt about that. I liked writing up features on topics of my choice, conducting interviews, getting the survey done. But what I didn't enjoy: poor organization, lack of teamwork, social rigidity, poor communication skills which 'leaders' should have had portrayed. I'm not saying it was evident in all members, because it wasn't. But when it mattered, there was a huge lack of the abovesaid, and that made work in Echo a tad unbearable, as much as I enjoyed writing.

But all that aside, thank you, all you people who I enjoyed spending time with in Echo, especially all the writers, namely
Cath and Eugene. You guys are wow. Oh, and I'm sure Cath would have liked me to say that she was gorgeous, in case any male who is hot, single and available is reading. Haha!

CRW_2883_RJ_1
My dear favourite fellow writers,
Eugene and Catherine during our FRIM trip earlier this year

Well, the magazine did turn out better than I expected. Not incredibly amazing or anything, but good enough, considering the condition of the entire editorial board throughout the year. And I think those of you in Echo would know who I'm referring to. Not well edited at all, though. A college's [esp one of SyUC's stature] mag should have been flawless. *shrugs* Oh well, what do I know, I'm only a writer.

Played two games of foosball with
Mary. And played really really horribly. My hand co-ordination skills damn teruk. So malu-fying! Considering the whole bunch of them at the other table were all MUFY people. "Wendy, use your English skills to play foosball, lar!" "Wah, Wendy playing foos!"

*covers face* *crawls under table*
Mary, next time you wanna play with me, wait till there's nobody, okay?

MOCHA MUD PIE

Thursday. Yada yada yada. Fast forward five hours of horribly boring toe-falling-asleep classes, two hours of Econs-extra-class-torture and press 'play' at our council dinner at TGIFriday's in Subang Parade. *slurp*

I swear the best part of TGIFs is the mud pie, seriously. Heavennnnnlyyy.

We had a blast there. LMAO. Our lovely
Charmaine decided to torture the poor waiter who was assigned to our room. Well in all fairness, he was pretty cute. Even Ranek said so; and then purposely looked at his name tag for his name. [Shhh, don't worry, I won't tell your darling.]

I'll just recap the more, *ahem*, interesting scenes for you guys.

Scene 1: The First Attraction

*All of us were sitting around, joking and poking fun at each other while digesting our heavy appetizers and main meals; been waiting for desserts to come for the past 15 minutes*

*Waiter comes in*

Charmaine: (points at dessert) So long. You went and buy our dessert, is it?
Waiter: (looks embarassed)

Scene 2: Bodily Parts

*I don't exactly remember what happened, but I think
Wenxue was teasing Charmaine about guys*

Charmaine: No, I like a combination of Roddick's face, Nadal's muscles and Blake's arse! [Wendy's note: Fyi, those are tennis players.]
Mr. J.: How about that waiter's ass???
*Everyone laughs and some of the girls start discussing the waiter*
*Waiter comes in*
Charmaine: (blurts) They want to check out your ass!
Everyone: (looks shocked)
Waiter: Errr...that's flattering, errr..but no thanks. (walks out backwards to the door, afraid to show his ass to us)
Everyone: (bursts into laughter)

Scene 3: The Return of the Waiter

*Waiter brings in the next round of desserts*
*
Gloria and Alan are pulling one plate towards them to share, and then we hear the sound of the fork dropping onto the floor*
Gloria: Excuse me, can we have another fork, please?
Mr. J: (teasing) You purposely dropped the fork so that he would come in again, right?!!
Gloria: It wasn't me, Alan dropped the fork!
Everyone: (turns to look at Alan)
Alan: (in lightning-speed reaction, points at Charmaine and accuses her; waving his hands around frantically) Charmaine asked me to do it!
Charmaine: What???
Waiter: (looks confused and embarassed at the same time) Errrr, okay. (Starts to walk out backwards again)
Chew Ling: (calling out gaily after the waiter) By the way, we're from Taylors!


OMG. I laughed my arse off that night! LOL!!!!

Ming, Ching, Chew Ling [goodness, it all rhymes] and I went to Wenxue's place after the dinner to watch Goal!. I thought the movie was a pretty good football flick, compared to some of the previous ones that we'd had. Ching was obviously not enjoying herself though, haha. Chew Ling, luckily enjoyed it, because the guy was cute. Haha, I totally agree. I want to watch it again once the better DVD comes out, cause the sound on Wenxue's one wasn't really that good, and sometimes it's kinda difficult to catch because some of their accents are pretty thick.

Kuno%20Becker%20staring%20Goal,%20to%20be%20r 241065

Mmmm.
Kuno Becker, if only he was in an MU jersey instead. And then him again with David Beckham, who has all of three lines in the movie and sounds like a freaking woman in all three of them.

CANDLE IN THE WIND

You know I never really paid much attention to our PM's wife before. I don't even know her full name, I just know that there's an
Endon in there somewhere. But reading the news this morning, and reading what people say and remember about her, touched me deeply. She sounded like an amazing woman who cared. A lot. And it's a loss to Malaysia. Our Prime Minister looked so tough, however, in all the photos shown. It must be is definitely going to be hard on him, no doubt about that. Bless his heart. And bless all the caring Malaysians who trudged there to her funeral, despite it raining. Appreciate and treasure life, you don't know when it's all gonna end.

Chilled out with the babes tonight for our weekly [or well, at least we try to make it as 'weekly' as possibly, lol] dinner, at Murni's again. Catched up on each other's latest gossip, and
Ching's happy news. Teehee. We're all so happy for you, woman. Went back to Ching's after that and hogged her TV because her parents were out. Had the remnants of our incredibly sinful La Cremeria ice-cream from the last time and watched the Hitz.TV street party show, or something like that. Ooh, and saw UVJ Andy drumming in his band, Estranged. He's pretty hot. When he came to our college for the Sunway Ball Sneak Peek, I went whoa. Lol. And then K-Town Clan came on, rapping, and Mary tried to imitate them. Wahahahah. Too funny, way too funny. =)

Earlier in the evening, before
Ching came over, I got a phone call on the house phone.

Su (my sis-in-law): Hello?
Ching: Errr.. boleh tolong panggil Wendy, tak?
Su: (sounding insulted) Please. Hold. On.
Me: (runs to the phone) *beeeeep beeeeep* Hey, no more, who was it?
Su: (still sounding insulted) Your friend thought I was an Indonesian maid, okay! Don't let me find out who, I whack the fella!

Haha, and later I found out it was
Ching! Can't wait to tell Su.

SATURDAY, CAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CALL IT

Nothing much. Did my math homework. So proud of myself.
Mr. Deimudu will be shocked that I'm going to hand in something. Haha! Did nothing much for the rest of the day.

Just wanted to share an excerpt that
Evelyn and I had with darling Joel on Saturday. [If you guys don't already know, Eve's my sister-in-law, and Joel's the oldest son of my other sis-in-law, Su, who's pregnant again]

Joel: I want my baby in my mummy's tummy to be a girl.
Eve: So, what do you want to name your baby sister?
Joel: (solemnly thinks) I want to name her Choongkie.
Me & Eve: (simultaneously) CHOONGKIE?!?!
Joel: (nods)
Me: But Joel starts with a J, and so does Joshua, so your baby sister's name must start with a J too.
Joel: (thinks somemore) Oh. Then, I'll name her Junky lah!


OMG.
Junky Tan. Can you imagine? Hahahahahaha!


AND...TODAY

Did spat. Went over my Accounting trial paper, and realized what a careless idiot I am sometimes. My total score currently is 361. Gosh, how am I ever going to maintain that for a 20% scholarship? Sigh. How, oh how?

Here's the final torture timetable of college:

31st Oct: English
2nd Nov: Maths A
8th Nov: Economics
10th Nov: Accounting
14th Nov: Maths B

Sigh. In approximately three weeks or so, my college life will come to an end. I can't believe it.

OTHER RAMBLINGS

cl2

I so wanna watch Chicken Little! I used to love that story as a kid. About how the little chicken would go around telling people that the sky was falling down and that he wanted to see the king to inform him, all because an acorn had fallen on his head. So adorable. I spent my childhood listening to that story.

cl1
Wah, so cute. How can you resist?

cl4
You all should watch that clip on TV where he's dancing to that 'Numa Numa' song. CUTE.

cl3
Anyone wanna watch with me? Please please please??


And I am dying to watch the next episode of One Tree Hill. Argh. It rocks. And I'm obsessed. So unhealthy, man. At least it's over a series where there are real people in it and not anime. Hehe, sound familiar,
Janet?

avatar111155_61 avatar106410_51avatar11132_140avatar30752_69avatar98690_15avatar11132_144avatar91695_67 avatar98456_109
For
Sookies and Mary's viewing pleasure, lol. And for anyone else who enjoys One Tree Hill. [I wonder how these lil blinkie things are made, anyone know?]


And for no particular reason, here's the last pic of my blog.

rooney-neville6
Because I think
Gary Neville's a great full-back; don't fancy Rooney but he's just there in the picture together with him. Man U's losing just because Neville's injured. [Hua Choon, if you're reading this, DON'T LAUGH! Neville's better than sissy-fart Beckham anyday. Hmph.]


Till the next post, lurve you all!

You Might Also Like

6 spoke

  1. Hello Blogger, this is an exciting blog here!

    You may like to checkout relationship advice site/blog.

    101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship advice - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com stuff.

    Lighten Up :Often when couples have gone through or are going through some bumpy spots in their relationship, things tend to get serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a people relationship dating site/blog.

    101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at people relationship dating - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com.

    Motivate Each Other :Find a mutual incentive that will motivate both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a people relationship dating site/blog.

    101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at people relationship dating - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com.

    Realistic Expectations :No matter how wonderful and flawless your mate seems, no one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Blogger!!!

    You may want to check out relationship quote

    101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship quote - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site.

    Make Eye Contact :Think back to the first time you saw your now mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a relationship problem site/blog.

    101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship problem - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com.

    Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

    Realistic Expectations : No matter how wonderful and flawless your mate seems, no one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram