When I Grow Up.

Friday, October 13, 2006

...I want to be a Power Ranger. :D

Those were the GOOD old days. I'm not kidding. You could park me in front of the TV at 5 or 5:30 in the evening and put on TV1 or TV2 or something to that effect and I would be fine. Because at one of those time slots on one of those TV channels was Power Rangers. Omgyay! :P

Tell me you have not watched a single episode of Power Rangers, or sang the theme song before, or owned some Power Ranger toys or pretended that you were one of them before, and I'd look at you like you were crazy and not from this generation.

Yeong Kok and I were discussing Power Rangers during one of the Marketing lectures, because we weren't paying attention (c'mon, discussing nostalgic TV shows is so much better than marketing channels or whatever topic we were on for that lecture, duh) and surprisingly, we could remember quite a lot of stuff about the show. Their names, their weapons, what they looked like, their animal Zord thingymajib and lots of other stuff. It was mind-boggling, actually, how much we could recall.

Shows what a big impact it had on us. It might look really cheap and stupid when you watch the show back, but it was really something then, as a kid. And the new versions? Power Ranger Dino Thunder and all that other crappy spin-off shit that my nephews are watching? Cannot. Compare. To. THE. original.

And you know, I remember being really into this stuff. I wanted to BE the Pink Ranger and do gymnastics and kung-fu kick and all that stuff, and wanting a boyfriend like the White Ranger with a ponytail. LOL! Okay, so I took gimrama classes for about a year in Standard 1, but I don't like pink no more, and I really don't like long hair on guys, but that's not the point.

Anyway, guess what I stumbled across on Youtube which inspired this post? Come on now, sing it with me. You know you want to!



Go, go power rangers...mighty morphin' power ranger-erssssss!


Ahhh, doesn't it bring back the good old memories? Hee.


P/S: And yes Xue, this was what I was talking about before we got distracted and starting bitching about England's football!

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram