Reflections.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Okay, so Big Bad Week 7 with two assignments and the mid-sem exam is finally over. Phew. And then, straight after that, we gave the house a HUGE cleaning because we kinda abandoned it for that week and the week before that. Heh.

As usual, I'm blogging in spurts. Periods of which I blog once every two days, and then I go weeks before I blog. Oopsies. My bad for leaving you with
Wei Soon's etiquette inadequecies at the top of the page for so long. :P

So anyways, nothing much as happened except that I rewarded myself with some shopping therapy and chatted with a cute cashier in the mall. It's been back to classes, back to
looming assignment due dates and more mid-sem exams. Got another assignment due on May 7th, another due on May 25th, and then Financial Management mid-sem exam on May 1st. And then my brother and his family are coming on May 26th, till the 9th of June.

Finals timetable's out.

Financial Management, 8th June
Money and Capital Markets, 12th June
Accounting Information Systems and Financial Modelling, 13th June
Cost Information for Decision Making, 15th June

Not that bad, a week's period of exam,
Tricia and Joachim got worse deals than this. You know, I was marking all the dates on my calendar and after marking the last paper, I thought to myself, 'Yay, I finish just in time so we can go out and celebrate Mary's birthday'. And then, I remember I'm all the way here. -_-

So yeah, when finals timetables are out, it sorta gives you that
feeling. I'm not going to try to describe it because I'm sure you all know what I mean, plus, I'm not feeling very eloquent today because it's 9:20 in the morning. Lol. Anzac day today, meaning no classes, so it's a full day for me to stay at home and study. GAH.

*

Pohpoh's not well. She hasn't been well for the past two weeks and it scares me every time I get a call or text on my Malaysian line. Every e-mail from my family members updates me on her condition and everytime it's been getting worse. Doctors say she doesn't have much time left. My mom and brother went down to Singapore to see her, and they say she's suffering. And
I don't really know what to do. I don't really know what I can do. Probably nothing, and that really sucks. It's been in the back of my mind throughout the past two weeks, and amidst all the academic stress, and I just needed to let that all out.

And also, the news about Virginia Tech really scares me. To think that guns are so easily accessible, and that a person with previous mental instability could purchase one just like that. And for him to plan it all so meticulously; to record his manifesto in the form of a video, and to walk to the post office in between his first and second shootings to mail it to NBC. It's so deranged; it all seems like he'd been planning it for ages. Imagine being barricaded off in classrooms and just shot at. The people who died were all people with bright futures, double-degree students, students about to graduate in May, students who were heavily involved in charity, and it's such a shame. And that lecturer, who died because threw himself in front of the gunman to shield his students and give them time to climb out of the window. It brought a tear to my eye because in times of desperation like these, you could be the most generous person on the planet, but human nature and reflex actions strike, and then you save your own ass first. But in the space of a millisecond, probably, this professor
chose to save his students.

It's been hailed as the bloodiest shooting rampage in the modern American world. And yet, people are still standing by the right to carry guns. They claim it's their freedom. Sure, yes, it gives crazed people the freedom to gun the bright young adults of your country down. Go figure.
Although it happened so far away, I don't know why it hits so close to home.

Lik Xiong, Dong, rest of you guys in US, please take care, kay? See you guys at the end of the year.

Those who perished in the Virginia Tech shooting, rest in peace.

*

Happy Birthday to
Ms. Chong Pek Wah, turning the big two-oh yesterday! Hugs, babe. (:

Plus, another big happy birthday to
Ms. Kwong Poh Yee, turning twenty today! When we celebrating, babe? ;)

P/S: OMG, I've been so addicted to TVB. Just finished watching Dicey Business. Someone stop me, eek.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram