Crimson-ish.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Disclaimer: Before you read this, you must hopefully already know that I'm not in any way trying to brag, nor boast, because simply, that's just not in my nature.

We had to take an English proficiency test during the first week of uni, for them to gage our level of English and to see if we need any remedial language classes. Fine. No biggie. Harder than expected; much harder than the one we took for MUFY last year.

Results were out, don't know when, but I only saw the pin-ups today. Dingbat people didn't put the ID numbers in order, so I stood there for about five minutes scanning through all the different numbers until I found mine. Stupid right? Common sense would tell you to arrange the numbers and to put "20010834" behind "1993564".. but noooooo. They just wanted us to spend ages at their noticeboard, looking for our marks.

Okay, never mind that.

I hate know-it-alls. Most of you probably already know that by now. Even worse, I hate high-pitched I'm-greater-than-thou-know-it-alls. That would explain why I always run into them. You always seem to run into people you hate are not so fond of.

So I was standing there, minding my own business, while trying not to go cross-eyed while looking for my marks when one extremely high-pitched irritating know-it-all (let's call her
Pitchy) appeared.

So
Pitchy goes to her very nice, very normal friend... : Everybody, like, did so badly, right?

Me: *still minding my own business, still trying to look for my ID number*

Pitchy: Everybody got, like, 60 plus only. *continues* You know, I thought the science students would do, like, so much better than us business students, but I was wrong! I went through all their scores and they didn't do so well, anyway. Don't know what they're doing in science then.

Me: *rolling my eyes*

Pitchy's friend: All the marks so low. Compared to our English last time.

Pitchy: Of course lah. Uni-level okay. I went through everyone's marks already...

Me: *thinking* She whatttt?? How come she's not cock-eyed yet? So many numbers!!

Pitchy: ... *smugly* And you know what, I'm the highest! Yeah, I got 79. The standard so high right? The highest is, like, not even a high distinction.

Pitchy's friend: *says something like 'oh, you're so smart' and all that*

Pitchy: Yeah, I thought would have more competition in uni, but maybe not la.

Me: *rolls eyes and finally finds my ID number*


I seriously feel so embarassed for these people. How can they come out right and proclaim to the entire world [okay, maybe not entire world, but still...] that they're so great and everything? And looking through EVERYTHING? Kiasu, much?

As for me? I walked away, grinning to myself. Not because I did well, but because everything she said was wrong :D

Poor thing. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

I could have easily given her a taste of her own medicine and rubbed it into her face, but nah. I wouldn't. I'm nice, like that. Bwahahaha! I can see all your eyebrows cocking up and hear all of you muttering 'yeah, right' under your breaths.

*

Check this out:

First, we had the those mini mineral water bottles.

Then, we had the mini Ipod.

Next came the mini Cornetto.

What next?

ATT00035

Ta-daaah!

*

The song of the mo-
Delta Goodrem's - Together We Are One : the Commonwealth Games song.

Thought of the minute- I can't believe my blog has generated more than a 10000 hits. I put the visitor counter there as a gag at first, to see how pathetic my blog would do, but omg! Who would want to read about my life? Amazing. I'm convinced that half of those are my own hits when I refresh the page after editing my blog, though. Lol.

Wish(es) of the day- To find a money-growing tree. To find an assignment-growing tree. Then I'll bring my axe and chop it down! Right.

Thing(s) I should do- Clean my room; start assignments. Fourth post running that I haven't had to edit this.

Thing(s) you should do- Give blogging a try. If you've already done that, then maybe you should give blogging a consistent try :D Not like I'm the most consistent person in the world, but still.

Today's quote:

Lecturer: So did you have punishments in National Service if you were late?

Guy who went for NS: Yeah. *spouts off some long explanation that's not really worth re-typing*

Lecturer: So everyone must have been really punctual towards the end!

Guy who went for NS: Errr *in a duh-like voice* no?

Lecturer: *shocked* Why?



Typical malaysians lah.

You Might Also Like

1 spoke

  1. u shud post that pic to star lah. perhaps u cld win rm 50!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram