My Kind of Bliss.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I went shopping. That's always therapeutic. Especially when there's a sale.

And it's a book sale! That's always double the fun. I
heart books, in case you guys couldn't tell. Ever since I was little and started off by reading all those 'This is Peter... This is Jane... This is the dog...' books. My parents used to dump me off at any book store when I was a kid, so that they could do their shopping in peace without this lil brat. So, I would sit cross-legged on the floor and read without buying, until the shop lady would come shoo me away. I think I was pretty thick-skinned back then too; after I got shooed, I would just go to the other end of the shop and park my butt in a different spot. Teehee.

Bought 15 books for a total of RM 138.00 which, IMO, is a total bargain. This is gonna put a smile on my face for the rest of the day, guaranteed.

IMG0009
Indulgences.

So if you people have the time and the fullness of wallets, go on over to Atria Shopping Centre and check out the Times book sale there, until the 5th of March, if I'm not mistaken. I spent over an hour there, chucking books into this increasingly heavy orange plastic basket. See? Book sale: Not only do I get a big pile of books for a not-so-big chuck of cash, but I also get to lift weights at the same time. Such a healthy activity, ain't it? =P

I think I can start off a mini library in my room, already.

Which brings me to the second kind of bliss: I was able to go book-hunting today because I don't have any classes on Thursday for this semester. Four-day weeks are awesome. Plus, I end really early on Fridays too.


Resized0001


Another highlight of the week:


MANCHESTER UNITED LIFTING THE CARLING CUP!

Resized0002


I absolutely just couldn't resist the Caps Lock key.
Gary Neville lifting his first cup as captain. I'm so proud. Aaaaaaah. I was so happy, okay! Could barely keep the big gigantic grin off my face. Even though they were 4-0 up, I was still nervous. Texted Nick during the match because he's one of the biggest Man U fanatics around whom I know, and he texted back: "Argh, my damn house suddenly no electricity!" Lmao. You missed Gary Neville lifting the cup la, friend. How could you? THE moment of the year. Plus, the entire team wore white 'For You Smudge' shirts over their red kits, dedicating their win to Alan Smith who broke his leg a week before the match. That's team spirit. It couldn't get any better than that.


picsrv2picsrv5
Captain
Neville.

picsrv3
Park Ji-Sung, who runs an alarming amount in every single match, and MU old skool Ryan Giggs.


And yet another highlight: I finally got my
ais kacang from Selera Malam. Slurrrrrrrrpppp.


IMG0010
Finally. That's how ais kacang should be like! Not like those you get in *cough*MedanandAsiaCafe*cough*.


Went to
Jun Mun's surprise farewell party on Saturday. It was great, got to see everyone again. Everyone who went to college put on weight, but everyone who's in Form Six lost weight. Daymnnnn. Jun Mun's going off to Manipal (I think) in India with Juen to study medicine. All the best guys, see you again when you become Dr. Liew and Dr. Tan. Hopefully we won't be needing your services, but *touch wood* if we do, we expect healthy discounts. =) Don't have many pics of the partay, but here are a few funny-faces which I forced them to do during the night:

IMG0003

Me: Funny face!
Drew: No need la, my face is always funny.
Me: *laughs uncontrollably* So true!
But being such a sporting fella, he agreed to my request albeit a lil reluctantly, with a rather, erm, special pose which I've never seen before in my life =P


IMG0002
One of
Jo's first time at funny faces, and Suki the fishy.

IMG0004
Kishwen a.k.a. Kusu and Chee Kit a.k.a. Cheeks. Hehehe. I lurve wacky pics.

IMG0005
Paul with the cockles and clams pose and Andrew, who's become a pro at funny faces after that night, thanks to me.


And some pics of us cam-whoring in Coffee Bean after the party:


IMG0007
Jo ALWAYS frowns, except when he knows that there's a camera on him. So I sneakily took this shot.

IMG0012
Sioki and Andrew, who's probably already tired with all the funny face pics I made him do for me that night.

IMG0006
Mosaic pic with
Mary, Jo, Drew and me.

IMG0008
Suki and me, with my exceptionally messy hair.

IMG0011
Another mosaic pic of all of us:
Drew, Ching, Sukkwan, Paul, our empty drinks (because we only had eight ppl and one extra shot) Siokkwan, me, Mary and Jo (both of them didn't want the last shot in the pic. tsk tsk.)


So that was the weekend, enjoying ourselves before getting back to the grind on Monday. Lectures and tutorials all started this week. And I am getting a lil scared. There's an astounding amount of work that's gonna be coming our way as uni students and it's overwhelming, really. The first assignment's due on the 24th of March, about three weeks from now. Gosh. And I didn't even pay attention during my Biz and Econs Stats lecture yesterday. The MicroEcons lecturer flew through two chapters in just the first lecture alone. If I didn't take econs in college, I would not have a
CLUE what he was droning on about. I just get the feeling that know uni's gonna be hectic. No more skipping classes this year. That's my vow. Let's hope I actually stick to it.

The song of the mo- Jason Mraz's
'Geek In The Pink'.

Thought of the minute- I can't wait for my
One Tree Hill episode 16!

Wish of the day- I should've went for
Fort Minor's concert. Pout. I'm getting more and more hooked on them by the day.
Thing(s) I should do- Clean my room.

Thing(s) you should do- Check out my list of celebrity bloggers on the sidebar. Esp Yasmin Ahmad's. It's a great read. Remember, you heard it here first! Lol.

Quote of the past week-

Ming: My sister thinks I look like Andy Lau.
Charmaine: Huh? Why?
Me: Must be the age! Mwahahaha!

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram