Rain.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The air is damp, you can almost smell it coming.

Rain. It's raining now.

It's heavy. Lightning streaks across the sky; thunder rumbles in the far distance. Big fat drops of water from the sky spatter loudly, rhythmically across the wet earth.

The little girl used to curl up in a ball and rock herself to sleep.

The little girl who has grown up, now a young woman, now likes the sound of rain.

"Sweet anointing fill this place, I am found in your embrace. Rain down on me, rain down on me. Here in your presence, I am free. Pour down like rain, come and touch me again. Lord, let your presence fall on me."

It makes her feel at ease. It makes her feel peaceful. Just like how God's love does.

The same little girl started crying when her sister told her the story of Jesus Christ being crucified on the cross and being ridiculed with words that hurt like daggers through the flesh. Because his love overwhelmed her.

That girl, now grown-up, broke down two days ago crying in church during praise and worship, singing about his love. About how God never once stops loving his children even when we go against him who has sacrificed all for us. His love is powerful. The things he has done for us amazes her.

It amazes me. He always does.

When I go through rough times like this, when I feel like I can't be picked up anymore, when I don't know where I'm heading, it's okay. Because he knows. Because he has something in store for me in my life. And he loves me. And that's all that matters. He's real to me, and I have faith in him.

"Hide me now, under your wings. Cover me, within your mighty hands. When the oceans rise and thunders roar, I will soar with you above the storm. Father, you are king over the flood; I will be still, know you are God."

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram