Monday Blues.

Monday, March 27, 2006

As usual, it takes a lot more to drag myself out from bed on Mondays. Psychologically, Mondays seem to be one hell of a day, and I mean that in the worse possible way.

Monday is the day where I have two hours of a Business and Econs Stats tutorial sitting in the cold, cold computer lab with Mel, not understanding much that comes out from our tutor's mouth, while Bryan and Zhen Han play Yahoo! Pool.

Monday is the day where I feel like I'm carrying weights because I have to carry two heavy, heavy textbooks to class.

Monday is the day where I always fail to wake up on time because my body miraculously adjusts to sleeping in late during weekends, but miraculously resists waking up early on weekdays.

Monday is the day where I have to be in uni from 9 in the morning till 5:30 in the evening.

Monday is the day where the roads are jammed up.

Monday is the day where there are most people around on campus, causing the comp labs to be even more packed than usual.

Monday is the day where... ugh. Let's just stop.


Well, like they say, every cloud has a silver lining, so let's look at Monday's silvery lining.

Monday is the day where SS2 has pasar malam.

Monday is the day where I have three break hours in between classes, which very thankfully clashes with Ching's, Ming's and Xue's.

Monday is the day where... hmmm... I think that's all.

So yeah, I'm not fond of Mondays.

*

Now,
Fridays, there's a day I absolutely enjoy.

Especially Friday nights.

Went out with
Manda, Sk, Elaine, Sharmo and her student-exchange friends, Izra, Chong Ern [I don't know if that's the spelling but Sharm calls her Chongers] and Sharon; and Marie, an exchange student from Greenland.

Or in
Sharmin's terms: "That's me, The Lainey, The Mando, The Wenders and The Siokers, Kak Izzy (Swiss Jakun 1), Marie (AFS Exchange Student from Greenland), Kak Share (Swiss Jakun 2) and Chongers (Swiss Jakun 3)."

Notice how everyone has nicknames. I'm liking 'The Wenders'. Lol. Maybe I should use it from now on.

We went out for a night of let-loose in Bangsar which I so totally needed after stressing out about my management assignment for the entire week.

Did not spend a single cent. That's the best part. No cover-charge and free drinks; gin, whiskey, vodka; for ladies all night long. Aaaah. Not to mention that Castle always plays good music to booty-shake to. And the couple of vv-cute white guys standing around. Phwoar.

I always like dancing to RnB music minus all the meraba-rabaing shit from some guys who just do NOT get that we don't want to be touched. Esp that weirdo Thai guy who kept on using two very recycled pickup lines on
Sioki and scary looking Indian/African dudes; that aside, it was a great night out, ladies. And as usual, mamak afterwards in the middle of the morning was fun too.

It's ALWAYS
Sharmin's fault for making us idiots. I don't even remember why we were doing Rasa Sayang in the middle of the club, or why we were singing patriotic songs in the middle of the mamak. We just were. *covers face* Hopefully nobody recognises us!

It was great, great fun. It always is.
Manda, next round soon, kay.

Thankfully, no discriminating pictures of us being intoxicated this time.

Psst!: Darling Sharmin left to NS today. She will come back more patriotic, nation-loving and... dark. And we will miss her so.

*

Went to Leo IU on Saturday with the board of directors of our year.
Ching, Sioki, Jo, Sheng. It was fun. I really enjoyed myself, and it's very nice to see them achieve something which we didn't get to do. All credit to them, but somehow, I would still like to think that we laid the foundation for the club that's helping it to rise. But of course, I'm terribly biased. :D

They put on a pretty good show: dances, bands, singing, a sketch, and shuffling, which we so liked. Lol. It was really impressive,
DIFFERENT, which is key. Fantastic turn out too.

I'm really, really, really proud of them [and I also feel really, really, really old saying that]. I know how much effort goes into putting on a show like this. I've been there, I've done that. Of course there were glitches, of course there were flaws, but they did a great job, nonetheless. Although I didn't like some one/thing in particular and
Sheng knows what :D

One downside? Seniors had to pay.
They made their past president pay. What man.

*

On my entertainment note: there's this new TVB drama coming out on Astro soon that I wanna watch. Bad timing. Being the horrible idiot-tube addict that I am, I will definitely watch every single episode of it.

lastbreakthrough

It's called 'The Last Breakthrough', and it's about doctors who travel to underdeveloped, poverty-strickened countries to save people. Very different storyline by TVB's standards.

Plus, it stars this actor called
Nick Cheung [I can hear Mary screaming already] in his comeback performance, and another guy called Raymond Lam [I can hear myself screaming already]. :D

Bad, baaaaad Astro. Not good for health.

*

I can't NOT post about Malaysia's great performance, overall, in the Commonwealth Games. I love watching sports, and rooting for our own country. My entire family does. I remember watching weightlifting [yeah, I know, who watches weightlifting, right?] with my entire family and all fourteen of us were cheering. Imagine what noise that would be. We were ALL cheering for the skinny Malaysian dude who can carry weights that weigh more than 15 sacks of rice or 1 of my father. I personally thought he was going to snap, because he's a stick, like this --> !

But, he won, and we all went nuts in front of the TV.

Sports brings people together. As corny as that sounds.

And Malaysia has seven gold medals to show for their effort. Kudos.
Four from badminton, two from lawn bowls [I didn't even know we had a lawn bowling team, let alone a gold winning lawn bowling team.], and one from weightlifting. Quite a number of silvers and bronzes. Not bad, eh?

*

I know I don't blog that often, and I don't blog systematically, with only one set thing in mind. I only blog when and because I want to, because I can't force myself to write when I don't want to. I don't want this blog to become
JUST a recap of my daily activities, just another 'I woke up at 8 today, and pulled on my jeans, and packed my books in a hurry' kind of blog. Who cares, right? If I had my own personal, manual write-down journal, do you think I'd write about what makeup I slapped onto my face and which shoes I wore to class on a Wednesday? No way. Big waste of ink.

My system just shuts down when I'm not in the mood. So, forgive me if this post is rather random and sketchy, I'm blogging partically because
Wenxue claims that he needs his entertainment from my blog. What type of entertainment he could possibly get from this, I don't ever know. So Wenxue? Nah, one sentence for you. And I also said if I get a daughter next time, I'll name her Xue Wen after Wenxue. We'll see if I keep to it. Although, what caused me to say that I don't know. I plead temporary insanity. Although, thank god, Xue Wen does sound nice, so I may be keeping to my word after all.

And also, another reason this may be awfully boring: I'm blogging with dry contacts on so my eyesight isn't the sharpest. Well, actually it's not usually sharp anyway, but it's less sharp. Right. Ignore me if you didn't get that.

And: My
gigi-biru device cracked. Sigh. He was my best computer-thingy friend for awhile there. So, no pics for you guys.

In short, excuse this post if it was terribly boring. Unless of course, all my posts are boring.

*

The song of the mo-
Delta Goodrem's Last Night on Earth.

Thought of the minute- Must remove contact lenses. Now.

Wish(es) of the day- For uni to ease up a little on me. And to get a better tutor for Biz and Econs Stats.

Thing(s) I should do- You know what I should do if you've been reading all this while. Lol.

Thing(s) you should do- Try checking out this band called
Jack's Mannequin.

My favourite quotes since the last time I blogged:

At Leo IU-

Emcee 1: So, what song are you going to sing for us?

Singer: Erm, I'm Feeling You?

Emcee 2; Chee Kong: [very softly into the mic, sounding deadpan] She's feeling me?

*

At lunch today in Pizza Hut:



*Things you'll need to understand before understanding the conversation:
Note 1 for the sane: Ming and Wenxue have a deluded notion that I'll one day marry a guy with the surname 'Kok'. Don't ask why. It's not an interesting theory.

Note 2 for the ignorant: Gary Neville and Phil Neville are two footballers who play in the English Premier League. Gary Neville is this blogger's favourite football player.

Note 3 for the very ignorant: Lucas and Nathan are two characters from this blogger's favourite TV show, One Tree Hill.

Last note for the extremely ignorant: Kimi Raikkonen is this blogger's favourite F1 driver and also the most gorgeous F1 driver to walk the face of this earth.

There, you're all set now for the quote, lol.*



Ming: If you have kids, I think you'll name them Gary and Phil.

Me: Oh yeah. Not bad. Either that or Lucas and Nathan *laughs* Too bad Kimi's a terrible name for a guy.

Ming: Haha! Imagine if it's Kimi Kok!

Wenxue: Kimi Kok! *laughs hysterically* Gimme...Kok!

Everyone: *laughs like a bunch of lunatics in the middle of Pizza Hut*

*

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram