Sunday of Sorts.

Monday, March 13, 2006

JOSHIE'S DAY OUT

My darling nephew
Joshua just turned five on the 8th of March, so darling Josh, happy birthday!

Wen Kor loves you.

So, the entire
Tan family troop [yup, all 14 of us immediate family including Titin] traipsed off to Tropicana to spend our morning there. The guys went off to the golfing green, the kids in the pool and the rest of us watching them. The guys had on adorable swimming trunks, esp Josh's, which was tight and colourful-ly striped. Teehee. My nephew is such a cutie. We're going to have to fight the girls off when he hits puberty.

Watched them splash and run around the kiddie pool. Su suggested signing them up for swimming lessons at the club, which I think is a fantastic pretty good suggestion since we saw the instructor there and he looks very hot like he's a pretty good teacher. He's young, tall, broad, and looks like some Hong Kong actor very good with kids. Haha.

All fourteen of us went to the bowling alley; almost all of us bowled. The guys shared one lane, us girls to one, and the kids to one. As usual, I didn't reach 100. Sigh. How embarassing. At least I did better than
Eve who finished with a pathetic 27. She's gonna kena from us for the next few weeks =P

It's so fun going out in an entire family. Everytime someone hit a strike or spare, we cheer and we clap and we act damn jakun, but it's family bonding time. Now you know where I get my jakun-ness from right?

Left for lunch after that.
Su booked the private room in the clubhouse and everyone kept on trying to peek in when the waiter opened the door to our room, so my eldest brother claimed that they must be thinking that we were some Datuk's family. Mwahahaha! And my mother kept on saying that everyone kept on looking at her (fake) LV bag. I tell you, I love my family. They're so damn hilarious =)

Wait, that's not all: My other brother went to get the car from the parking lot, because
Su's already heavily seven months pregnant. So Su stood at the top step, like she's some kind of Datin, waiting for my brother to come. When we drove past her in the other car, she... she... WAVED to us! Not just any wave, but the type of wave that you see Ms. Malaysias and royalty give to the public. The regal type where you lift your hand and twist it left and right.

Some people started staring.

I started laughing my arse off.


WANDERING WONDER?

Me: Niagara Falls is one of the seven wonders of the world, right?

Mummy: Where is it, ah?

Me: Somewhere in U.S., I think. Near the border of U.S. and Canada.

Dad: Nolah! It's in Africa!

Me: *speechless for a moment* No, it's definitely NOT in Africa!

Dad: Hey, back in the day, I learnt geography you know.

Me: *rolls eyes at the 'back in the day' statement* Nolah, it's not in Africa lah.

Dad: Fine, I bet you one bowl of noodles.

Me: Deal!


Needless to say, I am now one bowl of noodles richer.


HERO OF THE RACE

kimi

Kimi Raikkonen has to be the unluckiest man alive on the planet. Engine failures, suspension failures, blowups. How many times has he lost a race last season due to a mechanical failure? Tons of times. He could've been world champion last year, only that weird-eyebrows-I-don't-like-his-face Alonso had a more reliable car.

So, on Saturday's qualifying, I was left cursing AGAIN when a failure made
Raikkonen start from the LAST position AGAIN. Starting from the 22nd position when his closest rivals started 1st and 4th. Poor Kimi.

But, like the hero he is, he drove from freaking last position to where during yesterday's race? To third freaking place. Hah! Now, name one other fella in F1 who has done that. Put arrogant
Alonso in P22 and see where he ends up.

Nico Rosberg drove a fantastic debut race. 7th in his first race is great. [Just let me point out that Raikkonen drove to 6th on his debut in a Petronas car =P] Rosberg's gonna be snapped up by some top team soon, maybe even McLaren when Raikkonen's contract expires.

F1 gives me high blood pressure, really.

*

The song of the mo-
Bethany Joy Lenz's Halo

Thought of the minute- Alonso started out at the same time, side by side with our Alex Yoong at Minardi. So, if Renault had chosen Alonso instead of Alex Yoong, he could've been the world champion. Lol. We would have gotten to hear 'Negaraku' at the podium. Hmmm.

Wish(es) of the day- To watch
Tristan and Isolde. If only there were insta-assignments for sale at the nearest shopping malls =)

Thing(s) I should do- Clean my room; start assignments. I get the feeling this will not change anytime soon.

Thing(s) you should do- Download Family Feud on Limewire. Super addictive, I tell you. No thanks to J and Jessica and Wenxue who got me hooked.

Quote(s) of the past week-

-Nick and Siokkwan are supposed to pick me up from Menara Lien Hoe-

Me: *phone rings; caller ID shows that it's Nick* Yah?

Nick: Eh Wends [that's wat he calls me], we're lost la.

Me: Har, where are you?

Nick: Dunno lah. Some kampung area.

Me: Kampung area?? Where?

Nick: Dunno lah. *sounds worried* Got a lot of dogs here lah. Cats also.

Me: *getting more worried* Can't you go back the way you came from?

Nick: Cannot lah. One way street only.

Me: One way?!

Nick: Hahaha, kidding lah. Hold on, Siokkwan wants to talk to you.

Me: Woi!!!

Nick and Siokkwan: *laughing*

Me: Nick Chan, you stoopid fella!

*

-My family watching Man United vs. Newcastle Utd-

*Rooney scores the first goal*

Everyone: Yesssssss!!!

Mum: *looks at TV screen* Who scored, who scored??

Dad: MU lah. This guy's name is Rooney.

Mum: Oh.

*Rooney scores again within minutes*

Everyone: Yessssss!! Two-nil!

Mum: *looks at the players celebrating* Wah, that Ronnie guy score again for MU ah?

Brother: Yah. MU leading.

*Twenty minutes later*

Mum: So, what colour is MU wearing ar?

Everyone: *speechless*

Brother: *sarcastic* Rainbow colour.

Mum: Har?

*

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram